Monday, April 12, 2010

New Pictures!

Verdict so far on the new, better camera - I love this thing. In fact, I love it so much that now I kind of want a proper DSLR. Dammit I hate it when my Dad is right. (He thinks I should get a Canon Digital Rebel or a Nikon D60 - what say you, photography nerds? I think the Nikon is too heavy - the D5000 is more appropriately sized for my dinky hands and dislike of carrying bulky crap around, but it's expensive.)
So anyway, some shots with the new camera. Some of these are pretty damn funny - I love it when rock dudes make ridiculous rawr metal faces, it makes for such silly pictures.

First, some moody shots with cool lighting (the old camera would have just made this one big blur).


(And yes, that is indeed a 6 ft tall punk rock dude wearing a skirt. The skirt was kind of cute, actually, but I seriously question his leggings, sneakers and bare ankles decision. Someone please buy this man some socks.)







Sing!





I want to give the audience a hug? (He's not really getting into the whole rawr evil metal spirit here, I have to say)


Oh hey there photographer lady


Hilarious Hamlet pose






Getting sweaty?



Look at me, am I not hot?






The absolute winner of the night, though, was...
I'm a little teapot short and stout (figuratively speaking)
Is it just me or does he look like he's attempting to entertain a room full of kindergardeners? Yes, sweetie, you are so hardcore.

More pics to come!

1 comment:

Eris said...

I don't know much about photography so I can't be of much help, but I have to say you captured some great shots and that last one is priceless.

After his striped knee high socks paired with camo shorts and keffiyeh style scarf a few months prior, this outfit was a blessing.
I hope you post more photos :)